Steven helps companies operate in complex compliance environments. He is a board and executive adviser who develops and leads pragmatic compliance and risk mitigation frameworks that add operational value and earn business buy-in.
Throughout his seventeen years of combined law firm and in-house legal and compliance leadership experience, Steven has produced quantifiable results in:
• Partnering with executive and operational leaders on business-critical transactions and opportunities.
• Converting the compliance function into a modernized business support system.
• Establishing and implementing robust enterprise-wide compliance strategies.
• Building and leading cross-functional teams to achieve company objectives on time and under budget.
• Proving the effectiveness of the compliance program to internal and external parties.
Today, Steven leads Marathon Oil’s Compliance and Ethics organization. He also serves on the Advisory Board of an industry-leading behavioral assessment company and is working toward a Master of Science degree in Cybersecurity.