Mark is the CEO & Chief Board Consultant of M. A. Pfister Strategy Group, an executive management and Board
consulting firm that serves as a strategic advisory council for executives and Boards in the public, private, and
• He founded the International Board Director Competency Designation (IBDC.D) education and certification
program, a Board Director certification course recognized globally.
• He is a Board Director & Board Consultant having worked with hundreds of public, private and nonprofit
organizations and their Directors with focus in Strategy, Governance, and Technology/Cybersecurity.
• He speaks at over 60 events yearly on his International Speaking Tours on the topics of ‘Strategy,’ ‘Building an
Effective Board For Your Company,’ and ‘Becoming an Exceptional Board Director Candidate.’
• He is Chairman & CEO of Integral Board Group and the creator of the ‘Board as a Service’ (BaaS) engagement
model, which is credited with inventing a new industry.
• Mark completed Harvard Business School’s Executive Education Program for Board Directors.
• He holds a Certified Cyber Intelligence Professional (CCIP) Board Certification through the McAfee Institute.
• Mark publishes a monthly Board Director, Board Advisor, and C-Level Newsletter reaching over 27,500 business
leaders in over 70 countries.
• His book, ‘Across The Board: The Modern Architecture Behind an Effective Board of Directors,’ reached Amazon’s “#1
New Release in Corporate Governance” and is in circulation in over 70 countries.
• Mark served as an Engineering Officer in the U.S. Merchant Marine